Comment on page
Integrating a GCP project with Economize
Creating a service account and granting Viewer permission
- Provide a name to the service account and click
Doneto create the service account.
- Note down the service account email as it will be used in the next step.
- Click the
IAMoption from left sidebar of your project and click on
- Paste the service account as the email and select the role
- As shown in the image below, open Select a roles dropdown menu and click on
Viewerto grant read-access to the project.
- Follow the next guide to finish the setup by configuring BigQuery Billing Exports.
Setting up BigQuery Billing Exports
Google Cloud Platform provides an option to export your billing data to BigQuery. This consists of details regarding your usage, cost, pricing data. The cost is exported every 24 hours.
To set this up, follow the below steps:
- Open the GCP console, and go to the Billing tab from the left hamburger menu
- Click on the billing account that you want to export data from.
- Click on the "Billing export" button in the left-hand menu.
- On the right handside, under Standard usage cost section, click on Edit Settings
- Click on "Create a new dataset" and choose a project for the dataset's location.
- Click on "Save".
- Once you have set up your BigQuery cost exports, it may take a few hours for the initial data to appear in your dataset. To verify that your export is working correctly, look for the presence of tables in the dataset you created after a few hours, there would be a table that starts with
gcp_billing_exportafter a few hours. This shows that the connection of the export is successful.
Granting permissions to access BigQuery Billing Exports to a service account
- Enter the service account you have created here and click on Save.
- Copy your Dataset ID from the billing exported dataset.
Copy the above table ID and paste it in the following field in Economize:
- 1.Open the GCP Console and navigate to the IAM & Admin section.
- 2.Select Service accounts from the left-hand menu.
- 3.Navigate to the Service Account that you have created and click on the "Manage Keys" button under three dots or click on the service account email.
- 4.Click on the "Add Key" button in the "KEYS" section
- 3.Select the "JSON" key type and click on the "Create" button.
- 4.The JSON key will be downloaded to your local system. Copy this key and paste it in the final step of your integration process.
- 5.Click on Validate and the JSON is validated. The next step includes a couple of checks for the above granted permissions. The checks will pass smoothly if the permissions are granted. Please follow the Instructions if any of the check fails, and feel free to click on the Live Chat on the bottom right to ask any questions.