Onboarding an AWS account with Economize
Before onboarding an AWS account to Economize, there are a few prerequisites that need to be set up. These include creating a Cost and Usage Report (CUR) in AWS, creating a role with specific permissions for Economize to access the CUR, and adding those permissions to the role. All of these steps are taken care of by a CloudFormation stack, which allows for easier and more automated integration.
By completing these prerequisites, users can effectively monitor and manage their AWS costs with the help of Economize, ensuring that their cloud usage remains within budget and optimized for maximum efficiency.
- 2.To onboard your AWS Account, click on the
Connect your AWS Accountbutton.
- 3.Integrating CUR With Economize
- If you have already set up CUR, select “Yes” and enter your bucket name and region.
- If you need to create a new CUR, select “No” and proceed Click on the Create Stack button to go to the AWS console.
- Check the box to create a CloudFormation Stack for CUR and click Create Stack.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Once the stack has been created, get back to the onboarding screen.
- 4.Copy the Role ARN ID from the AWS console and paste it into the Enter Role ARN ID field in Economize.
- 5.Click Continue to verify the connection. If it fails, check the information you entered and try again.
- 6.Wait up to 24 hours for the Cost and Usage Reports to generate in AWS.
- 7.Once the stack has been created, verify the connection between AWS and Economize.
- 8.Click on Next to proceed.